Monday, July 21, 2008

Dear Encyclopedia

Dear Encyclopedia,
I am writing you to say
I have a few corrections for your
Entry on my name
To save you from a lawyers suit
Kindly tell the truth {Yes, kindly tell the truth}
I’ll try to be objective, so
Forgive me if I fail

A lover’s triangle cannot exist
If never love did
I know you go for drama and flair
Thus, I am sorry to disappoint
But I won’t be placed where
My heart is at the breaking point

Please leave your suspicions at the typewriter
Take your ink-stained fingers and leave your mark
Where there is an impressionable heart
On the record, mine is encased
In glass that’s double-paned

Second, I’m quite offended by the
Paragraph in section two
That says I fought for something
I most assuredly never tried to
I’m content to command that you
Take your matchmakers elsewhere
Or light a match and burn this page
I won’t stand by and read about my life
And find myself surprised at what’s inside

Dear Encyclopedia,
I am writing you to say
I will not take revenge
But will you kindly clear my name
{Yes, kindly clear my name}

No comments: